The Game of Life
Have you ever said, "School is so lame. When will I ever use this stuff?" This unit will attempt to answer that question by putting you through an obstacle course of the following activities:
- Pass the driver's license test.
- Plan a road trip with sightseeing stops.
- Buy a car after reading reviews.
- Translate idioms, acronyms.
- Practice etiquette at a special event.
- Write a letter and address the envelope.
- Choose food based on your new diet.
- Read the contract for your credit card, house, or car loan.
- Find the best neighborhood to buy a house.
- Complete a job application.
- Create a resume and cover letter.
- Decide which candidate to vote for after researching.
- Know the law.
- In a book, find the copyright date, table of contents, index, and appendix.
- Interpret poll results in bar graphs and pie charts.