2. Learn vocabulary. Test will be Sep. 13. We'll do a review game this week.
3. Complete 2 reports for the novel you chose from the library during the first week of school.
1st report should include:
1. author’s name
2. book title and meaning of title
3. main characters’ names and brief descriptions
5. plot timeline: include exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution
6. what did you like about the book?
7. what would you change or what did you not like?
For the 2nd report, choose one of the following:
1. Summarize the book in a poem or rap.
2. Write a letter to the author.
3. Pretend you're interviewing a person from the book. Write your interview in question and answer format.
4. Write a letter to one of the characters in the book.
5. As a literary agent, write a letter to the publishing company designed to persuade them to publish this book.
6. You're the reporter. Write a front page news story about a scene in the novel.
7. Write a diary that one of the story’s main characters might have kept before, during, or after the book’s events.
8. Imagine that you are the author of the book you have just read. Suddenly the book becomes a best seller. Write a letter
to a movie producer trying to get that person interested in making your book into a movie. Explain why the story, characters,
conflicts, etc., would make a good film. Suggest which actors should play the various roles.