1. What does the title mean?
2. What are 2 examples of figurative language in the poem? (i.e., metaphor, simile, personification, hyperbole)
3. Explain the figurative language you cited above.
4. How does the end of the poem connect to the beginning?
5. What is the theme (the universal message) of the poem?
***Take the vocabulary test.
***Make a flip book study guide for parts of speech (similar to the picture below). The examples inside must use the following words in 3 different parts of speech:
bus, left, picture, play, light, scratch, train, cross, fire, field
For example, here's "race" in 3 different parts of speech:
I can't believe the police let those cars race down the road. (verb)
He won the 100-yard race in gym class. (noun)
Going to the race track is my favorite summer hobby. (adjective)