2. Complete 3rd So What article response. Submit to TurnItin.com
3. Accelerated & Magnet classes will read Franz The Metamorphosis.
4. General classes will read these short stories:
"The Bet" by Anton Chekhov
"The Monkey Garden" (from The House on Mango Street) by Sandra Cisneros
"Appointment with Love" (from an AP test)
"The Lesson" by Toni Cade Bambara
"In the Field" (from The Things They Carried) by Tim O'Brien http://producer.csi.edu/cdraney/2011/278/resources/o'brien_field.pdf
5. Learn literary terms and take quiz.
6. Take vocabulary test.
7. Write a short story. Submit to TurnItIn.com. All classes will have access to the library's computers on Sep 1 and 2. Story must include 3 of our vocabulary words and 13 literary devices. Underline the vocabulary and on a separate page identify the following devices in your story.
- Who is the protagonist?
- Who is the antagonist?
- Which sentence is an example of allusion OR irony OR foreshadowing
- Which sentence is an example of metaphor OR hyperbole OR personification OR simile?
- What is your exposition?
- What is your setting?
- What is your rising action?
- What is the climax
- What is the falling action
- What is the resolution?
- What is the internal conflict OR external conflict
- What is the point of view -- first person point of view OR third person point of view
- What is the theme?